We’re always looking for great TV series to watch and review. On this episode of Studio Analytics by Axiom Amnesia, Heit & Cheri review and analyze Season 2 of Netflix series “Orange is the New Black” and Season 1 of HBO Series “Silicon Valley”!
Listen To Studio Analytics Now!
Help to spread independent thinking and donate $5 now!
- Discussion about the Netflix series, “Orange is the New Black.”
- We love how Netflix drops the entire season at once. This time around, there were so many people trying to watch the show that it crashed Netfilx’s servers.
- Heit & Cheri share thoughts on Season 2 of “Orange is the New Black”.
A dozen Emmy Award nominations went to this acclaimed comedy drama series including Outstanding Comedy Series, Outstanding Writing and Outstanding Lead Actress for star Taylor Schilling. A crime she committed in her youthful past sends Piper Chapman (Schilling) to a women’s prison, where she trades her comfortable New York life for one of unexpected camaraderie and conflict in an eccentric group of fellow inmates.
- Discussion about the characters on the show. It is easy to be empathetic to how these women wind up in prison.
- Heit says that Poussey Washington is his least favorite character because “she is a pussy”. Discussion about the character’s need for acceptance. Heit says that she is always pouting and a drag to watch.
- Heit’s favorite character is Alex Vause, because he says she is the most witty. Cheri’s has a few favorite characters–Tastyee.
- Discussion about how the characters have changed since Season 1.
- Discussion about how the characters are largely not formally educated, but some of the actresses who play them are Julliard graduates.
- Discussion about how the industry chooses people who are very unlike the characters to imitate the characters.
- Discussion about the show Silicon Valley, which airs on HBO. Discussion about how the main character’s dilemma of whether to sell his technology for 10 million dollars, or take a small amount of money to start and run his company.
- Discussion about competition in corporate life.
If you like what we do on Studio Analytics by Axiom Amnesia, please consider making a donation to us directly or by purchasing Heit & Cheri’s album “Improper Conduct.”
Make a one-time donation
Make a one-time donation of as little as $1 below: